Well, not done, done, they’re not finished yet, but I’ve hit my first goal of six tiles built. Some of them need roofs added once I’ve painted the inside of booths and shacks and I need some fixin’s for the Mek workshop on one tile but they’re ready to undercoat (in fact three and a bit tiles are already a nice shade of grey primer). I’m sorry for the fuzzy picture, I stupidly forgot to change the focus on my camera and then started on the priming and painting before I realised that none of the pictures were quite right!
The next stage is to get them primed and painted while building the next tiles. I know from experience that much of the time needed for these kind of projects is spent watching paint dry so I want to get to the point where I have three active tiles: one being built, one being undercoated and one being painted at any one time. The main problem I seem to have is storing them, they’re kind of bulky. Thank goodness that this is not a secret project for once.
I had a worrying moment a few days ago when I realised that I was running out of corrugated craft card and I couldn’t find any in the more obvious places. Fortunately a local discount store not only stocked it but they had exactly the same brand that I found when I was staying in Wales. I’ll need more balsa wood as the bundles that I bought at the local model shop will only do four or five tiles each so I’ll need some more. Unfortunately, they were out of stock yesterday. Hopefully they will have more next week, otherwise I will have to get some longer balsa sheets which are a bit more unwieldy.
The next goal is to undercoat and paint these tiles and build the next three tiles, so that I have a 3 x 3 square. Hopefully I can get them built by Monday but painting them might take a little longer.