My wrist is still bad which means that I haven’t been able to do much hobbying recently. I built a Space Marine the other day and instantly regretted it. I was planning on putting together the start of a codex Space Marine killteam based on the Marines Malevolent but if cutting and gluing sprues is enough to muck up my wrist, I can’t do all the conversion work I was planning with these guys. I did get a couple of bolter conversions done. I need to splurge out on some Forgeworld bits but part of me objects to buying MORE bolters when I have bags of them already. I made the box mag boltgun by cutting off the magazine from a Space Wolves Terminator Storm Bolter (I have more than enough of those) and replacing the sickle shaped magazine with it. I still need to drill out the barrel but I’m waiting until I can reliably do it and still be able to paint afterwards!
One thing with Marines Malevolent is that due to their piratical and impoverished nature, I can use all my castoff bits from other projects. I’ve got a few old style backpacks that I’m going to use and I can raid bits from the Space Wolves and Ravenwing sprues that I have. It’s a small scale project but one which I hope will be a change of pace to my Eldar and Wolves.