Sorry for the lack of posts recently, I’m struggling to be motivated about anything for long (except possibly Gotrex and Felix considering I’ve just read all the series as far as Zombieslayer in about ten days). It’s life rather than 40K so I’ve been pottering away whenever I feel up to doing more than sulk and I did manage to almost finish my first Eldar Exodite squad (you’ll see why I say almost in a bit).
I decided that any Exodites in my army would be helmetless which caused a bit of a problem when it came to the two helmeted guys in the squad, so I picked up on some Eldar fluff and made them Alaitoc Outcasts currently hiding out with my Exodites (which still don’t have a name).
I detailed how I painted the first Ranger here so I won’t go into details now. For the Alaitoc guys I used Iyanden Darksun (Averland Sunset) for the yellow bits, washed with Seraphim Sepia and highlighted with a 50:50 mix of Iyanden Sunset and Bleached Bone, while for the blue bits I used Macragge Blue highlighted with Alaitoc Blue.
Now, the sharp eyed among you would notice that I only have four Rangers in that picture when really I need five in the squad. The reason is below. I’d stored these guys for a while until I was ready to finish highlighting them (which turned out to be yesterday) and I pulled them out of the case to find that one of the models had got damaged. It turns out I need to be a little bit more careful storing these guys as the resin is a little bit delicate!
Anyway, that’s it for now. Hopefully I’ll get off my backside and post something else soon!